Stihl 015R

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool, a first for me. I just ordered a owners manual (copy) from Stihl yesterday. The lady said it had all the variations in it.. 015, 015L, 015AV, etc. Lets see if the R model is listed and maybe shed some light on this.

The owner manual came from today Stihl, but all it addresses is the 015 and 015L. The thing I found interesting, is that the only difference between them is the L in 015L signifies throttle trigger inter-lock and a hand guard, whereas the 015 does not have those.
So my theory that the L meant electronic ignition went out the window. That would be the 015AVElectronic

Today, I ordered a carb kit, tank gasket, and fuel line with filter.
Hopefully that's all it will need.
Just waiting on the parts to get this project going.

I was hoping to work on the saw this weekend, but looks like a no go.
The tank gasket and the carb kit came, but the fuel line with filter didn't.
Should of been here today.

Just an FYI, we have an 015R as well, looks just like the pics on the first page. Top handle and all.

Just an FYI, we have an 015R as well, looks just like the pics on the first page. Top handle and all.
Pretty cool. You don't see many of them. I still have mine, and I believe I have all the parts to finish it.
Need to get around to it soon. After it gets warmer, sense I have no heat in my shop.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Hey, I know it's about two years later but if you still have that R, keep it. They are very rare and have a 39 cm cylinder bore compared to a L with only 38. It has the same part numbers mostly as an L and the same model number and most of the parts are interchangeable. They made R's just as a test for a bigger bore engine for more torque and power. You very rarely come across one.

Latest posts

Back