Stihl 019T Oiler issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
I tried to use my 019T yesterday just because I had: A. not used it in a while and B. Fueled and oiled it expecting to do some climbing but used a pole saw instead. So figured I would just run it a bit to keep the carb loosened up.

So after cutting small limbs for a while I started hearing that dry chain sound and looked at the drive links. They appeared dry. I opened the oil cap and the oil tank was completely full. (had probably used 1/4 tank of gas)

Findings: The oiler had worked the last time I used the saw. It has been a few months (like maybe 6) I know for sure I used it extensively in May on three large take downs overhanging a mobile home. (I had to cut stuff up pretty small)

So anyway, Here's what I checked.
The oil feed hole in the bar was clear, bar groove ok.
I ran the engine with the bar and chain off and no oil coming out of port
I checked the oil tank for debris and it was clean
I disassembled the saw to get at the oiler and found the gear drive ok and wire in place
I spun the oil pump with air in both directions and no oil flow
I checked the oil tank duck bill vent, it's clean and pliable
I removed the engine/oil tank assembly and removed the oil line, it was unobstructed
I removed the line from the tank and checked it with pressure. No leaks and pliable
Checked the oil filter, clean and unobstructed
Checked the oil feed ports in the case and they appear free
I put oil back into the tank after hooking the hose back in and again spun the oil pump (a lot) and no oiling action.
I tried to prime the pump (does it need it??) by pulling oil backwards through the system and that achieved nothing.

Conclusion. It appears the oil pump itself is bad? Questions are why? and how in the world do I get it out?
Thanks.

No thoughts on this?

Part numbers are the same so it should be fine. I have a 019t and really like it. All that is missing off mine is the clip on the back to connect it to a lariat and the spark screen and muffler plate cover ( it seems to be just fine without. )

I recall a long time back having an oil issue with my 019T and I think I had to replace the oil pump. You have ruled everything out so it really could be nothing else. All lines are clear and unobstructed the the oil pump is being driven only leaves on thing left the pump itself or no oil in the tank.

There is a lot to take apart on the little saw but Mine was always a good runner.

Back