Stihl 024 Super air filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the $40 oem flocked Stihl part number the only thing that will work properly?

I am in Denver area and the air is thin here, so saws don't make as much power here than they do at sea level because the pressure is lower. I am wondering if anyone has found a cheaper filter that has worked well for them?

Is the $40 oem flocked Stihl part number the only thing that will work properly?

I am in Denver area and the air is thin here, so saws don't make as much power here than they do at sea level because the pressure is lower. I am wondering if anyone has found a cheaper filter that has worked well for them?
From everything I've researched, the OEM filter is the only one that works. You can put the taller one on there I believe, but you have to change the cover to the 026 I think.

From everything I've researched, the OEM filter is the only one that works. You can put the taller one on there I believe, but you have to change the cover to the 026 I think.
Correct. And modify the tank vent as well. The carb cover will also stick up 1/2" higher than the shroud, so you will need the 026 shroud also unless you can live with that. By some miracle and perhaps a little whittling, the 026 shroud will fit the 024.

Latest posts

Back