Stihl 026 Air Filter Issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly how did you modiy the tall fuel vent to clear bigger air filter? I need some dtaide. Thanks.
I replaced the tall vent with the vent from an 026 Pro, it fits a little looser than is ideal and I was prepared to put a small screw through it to hold it in place, but it's never moved.

Exactly how did you modiy the tall fuel vent to clear bigger air filter? I need some dtaide. Thanks.
I replaced the tall vent with the vent from an 026 Pro, it fits a little looser than is ideal and I was prepared to put a small screw through it to hold it in place, but it's never moved.

Thanks. Yeah I'll try a pro vent. I cut the old vent down so new style filters would fit, but it drips when it's tilted. Sure makes saw easier to start though.

Thanks. Yeah I'll try a pro vent. I cut the old vent down so new style filters would fit, but it drips when it's tilted. Sure makes saw easier to start though.
Don't like answering myself, but an update on fuel vent issue. First thanks to Moto Vista. I ordered Proline tank vent 0000 350 5800 from Sawzillaparts.com. The vent has an o-ring on the outside which indicates it must be intended to fit inside fuel tank? All I know is it's a perfect fit for my old style 026 tank on the outside. Clears tank rib and switch okay. Couldn't fit better. No leaks. I have my saw in a few pieces waiting on new partspar I was not able to start and make sure tank actually vents, but I can't begin to imagine why it wouldn't. Thanks to arboristsite.com for a chance to find and share solutions.

I have a late 026 pro that has a 260 carb, air filter, tank vent etc.
I bought an aftermarket air filter from teh US and it did the same thing.
After a bit of playing around I found that when it is tightened down to the carb, it actually squeezes the filter in and there is a small plastic molding imperfection lip on the choke flap shaft that sticks and only lets it open back up half way.
I smoothed out the imperfection and it works fine now.

It also breathes FAR better than the OEM flocked filter, in fact it offers almost zero resistance when I put my mouth over the filter surface and blow.

Good pic, thanks rockjock, the small protruding choke tab on the right was failing to return to the off
position, saw wouldn't run after starting.

The tab problem only came after tightening the two screws that hold a/filter on.

I think we are talking about the same thing brewz, I've been to busy to look at mine but will do so first
opportunity.

Kicking it up for an old post as I was recently fighting the exact same issue. I'm going back in to look again.

Latest posts

Back