Stihl 026 dumping oil from output tube

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayPee

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, found this forum while searching for some info on my saw.

Ive been working on cleaning up an 026. Went through and detail stripped it, cleaned out the years of gunk, rebuilt the carb. This saw has always oiled perfect, not too much but kept the chain wet. After I got it back together and warmed it up, I noticed that it was dripping some oil from behind the clutch cover.

Took it apart and ran it without the bar on. In just a minute enough oil came from the oiler tube to cover my bench top by idling/with some revs. Not sure if I did something to the pump during cleaning or? Used to be before I could run 2 tanks of fuel per 1 tank of oil. Now I'm guessing it would be switched.

This is a non-pro so no adjustment. I'm at a loss at how it could pump that much. Did I damage some kind of restricter?

Non pro models without the adjustable oilers, pump oil all the time, even while idling. The pro models only oil when the clutch engages. That being said, all of the ones i've owned usually used almost a tank of oil to one tank of fuel, and I do not know why yours would be oiling excessively. I would run a half a tank of fuel, and periodically check the oil tank level to measure the actual amount used, and go from there.

Latest posts

Back