Stihl 026 Fuel Leak problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodturner2 said:
I appreciate the offer for the fitting, but I have this one "welded" up and it is holding fine so far. I think it will get me thru the weekend cutting I have to do. I would be interested in another Walbro application that has both high and low speed adjustment screws. My 028 has high and low adjustability, and that is the way to go. Do you have any recommendations on where I can go about getting another model carb. for this 026 with both high and low adjustment needles? A part number would be very helpful too. Thanks again for all the help, it is very much appreciated!

(I did a bit of searching for the Walbro WT 426-1 you suggested, but came up empty?)

Try WT194-1. That one is even easier to get and is 100% adjustable (not just 15% like the 426). If you want one I can get it for you or find a used/rebuilt carb

Finnbear said:
Maybe 'sap can't read?:biggrinbounce2:

Hmmm, writes, but doesn't read... That explains a lot!

I just put an elbow on rbtree's Husky 357... same problem.
Broke off and the part isn't "available' (except on the million old carbs lying around.

Lakeside53 said:
Try WT194-1. That one is even easier to get and is 100% adjustable (not just 15% like the 426). If you want one I can get it for you or find a used/rebuilt carb

Thanks for the information! That sounds REALLY good. I will shoot you a PM and set something up for a carb. It is VERY MUCH appreciated! :)

Oh I can "read" just fine....but evidently you guys can't. Stihl won't sell you that little $1 part, you've got to buy the whole carb for $65.

The only reason Lake has the little part is because he's pulling it from old carbs himself and offering it for sale. Am I getting that right?

Nice try on the spin for Stihl, though.

coveredinsap said:
Oh I can "read" just fine....but evidently you guys can't. Stihl won't sell you that little $1 part, you've got to buy the whole carb for $65.

The only reason Lake has the little part is because he's pulling it from old carbs himself and offering it for sale. Am I getting that right?

Confabulation and obfuscation. Stihl doesn't manufacture carburetors.

coveredinsap said:

Stihl might not sell the part but I'll bet your Walbro dealer will. Most any small engine shop has access to Walbro parts. Same deal as when you need a carb kit for a saw. You can buy a kit from the saw manufacturer through the saw dealer or by taking the carb numbers to most any small engine shop you can get that same kit.
Finnbear

coveredinsap said:

You still have selective reading... Remember the part I mentioned about the 357?

You have to buy the whole carb whether you own a Husky, Stihl, Shindaiwa, Echo or anything else that uses the Walbro carb with that elbow.

Sappy, break yours off on the 455 and head back to your dealer for a replacement. As you are a special case, I'll gladly sell you the replacement part for $52, postage paid.

One small thing - it does require some moderate skill and patience to replace... It's definitely not designed to be replaced after manufacture, but it's possible.

I assume it's not sold simply for liability reasons.

Sap's messing up threads again

As much a sap doesn't want to read it, Stihl sells every part for every carburetor they use, so long as it's available from the OEM manufacturer. The fuel elbow as used on the 393 and a host of other WT carbs is not available separate from the carb body on the WT series... From Stihl or Walbro.

Sappy, either contribute intelligently or back off. If all you want to do is jump on the "bash Stihl" bandwagon at every "opportunity" (most being completely baseless), you will just piss off everyone on AS again. This thread didn't need anything you said, or any of the responses to you. Maybe you don't get it, but asking questions and listening is quite different to using a hammer. You may not have noticed, but you've been given a little space to contribute. It won't last if you revert.

Lakeside53 said:
As much a sap doesn't want to read it, Stihl sells every part for every carburetor they use, so long as it's available from the OEM manufacturer. The fuel elbow as used on the 393 and a host of other WT carbs is not available separate from the carb body on the WT series... From Stihl or Walbro.

Sappy, either contribute intelligently or back off. If all you want to do is jump on the "bash Stihl" bandwagon at every "opportunity" (most being completely baseless), you will just piss off everyone on AS again. This thread didn't need anything you said, or any of the responses to you. Maybe you don't get it, but asking questions and listening is quite different to using a hammer. You may not have noticed, but you've been given a little space to contribute. It won't last if you revert.

Andy he will stop at nothing to get his 2cent's in.....Good informative post ..

Soooooooo, sap...maybe next time you'll bite your tongue and keep quiet for a while. Now, if you'll admit you jumped in where you didn't belong..and were wrong...again, you might just gain back a positive point. putting you one negative point closer to zeropoint....

Many thanks to ya, Andy for saving me beaucoup bucks for another carb.....

coveredinsap said:

Sap I see you had your hopes high in this thread but unfortantly the dealer took care of the one saw and the other one, the one with the carb, made by Walbro, not Stihl, was at fault on the other one. Durn Sap isn't it hell to think see there, see there only to find out oooooooops, spoke too soon. You do have to buy the whole carb to get that elbow, its part of the carb body, not a screw in part. Have to do it for Husky too in order to get that elbow fixed, durn, what a bummer, the nerve of these saw outfits huh Sap, terrible. However looking on the bright neither one of those two saws went in the dumpster, they were worth fixing and got fixed, more than I can say for some......

THALL10326 said:
Sap I see you had your hopes high in this thread . However looking on the bright neither one of those two saws went in the dumpster, they were worth fixing and got fixed, more than I can say for some......

Poulan, Poulan, Poulan's :rockn:

There is a cause for fuel leakage that hasn't been addressed here yet.
It could be the tank vent.
If you pull off the air breather cover you will see a vent that sticks out of the top of the fuel tank.
I have currently bought 2 used Stihl saws and the tank vent has been leaky on both of them, there is an O-ring that goes bad.
They are replaceable and can be bought at your local Stihl dealership.
I really like the Stihl saws, I have become very partial to them.
Good luck and don't give up on your Stihl.
They are Stihl the one!

Grommet for 026 H-L adjustment access

I'm in the process of swapping out the Carb on my 026. L-LA adjust only WT-493A for a Wt-194. Now I just need the Rubber Grommet for the H and L screws. and a new elbow for the 493A, It's cracked on the seam.

Anybody have an Extra?

Best.

I'm in the process of swapping out the Carb on my 026. L-LA adjust only WT-493A for a Wt-194. Now I just need the Rubber Grommet for the H and L screws. and a new elbow for the 493A, It's cracked on the seam.

Anybody have an Extra?

Best.
Is there any reason why you resurrected a 6 year old thread to ask that in the Milling forum?

Try the main chainsaw forum.

Is there any reason why you resurrected a 6 year old thread to ask that in the Milling forum?

Try the main chainsaw forum.

Yes, I had a question and this is the Topic that was Located.

Have a nice day

Back