Stihl 026 headache

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at a loss, great spark, good compression, multiple carbs. Pressure/vac tested twice perfectly. Every hose/line inspected or replaced. Won't run at all now. I would give it away but don't want anyone else to have to deal with this thing.

Does it start for a second or 2 if you put a few drops down the spark plug hole? I am sure you tried everything by now though.

Give it to or send it to someone that is competent enough to resolve its issues.
I apologize I don't have the ego nor attitude as yourself, but your comments lack helpfulness and are more of an atempt to belittle an other, somewhat of a cancer in the forum world.

Does it start for a second or 2 if you put a few drops down the spark plug hole? I am sure you tried everything by now though.
I didn't specifically try it down the spark plug hole but with the carb off I shot a few bottle drops of fuel in and at best could get a sputter. The mind boggling part is I have had this engine running intermittently during this whole process. Now it is dead to the world

As mechanic myself and Stihl tech looking it over to no avail can you suggest someone who would meet your standards? You seem to be foremost authority.
I am enough of an authority in that I build this model of saw from individual parts , around 277 individual bits . Been doing so for 60 years and have never seen a machine that cannot be fixed if not destroyed beyond normal repair. If each piece is a functioning piece when assembled then the saw will run. If one just throws parts at a saw or engine and it continually gets worse then that approach is evidently not working. There is a step by step process to troubleshoot a simple two stroke and if done properly no matter how many ailments a engine has it can be diagnosed and corrected. After more than 4 pages of posts and the saw still does not run properly then sometimes a dose of reality comes along to get things moving in the right direction. Whenever I post on a thread then it seems to generate a lot of attention in the form of many more helpful members piling on with differing opinions and expertize to help the OP along. I monitor these threads on a nightly basis just to see how much help the OP is getting, hope you get your saw up and running again soon.

I am enough of an authority in that I build this model of saw from individual parts , around 277 individual bits . Been doing so for 60 years and have never seen a machine that cannot be fixed if not destroyed beyond normal repair. If each piece is a functioning piece when assembled then the saw will run. If one just throws parts at a saw or engine and it continually gets worse then that approach is evidently not working. There is a step by step process to troubleshoot a simple two stroke and if done properly no matter how many ailments a engine has it can be diagnosed and corrected. After more than 4 pages of posts and the saw still does not run properly then sometimes a dose of reality comes along to get things moving in the right direction. Whenever I post on a thread then it seems to generate a lot of attention in the form of many more helpful members piling on with differing opinions and expertize to help the OP along. I monitor these threads on a nightly basis just to see how much help the OP is getting, hope you get your saw up and running again soon.
I do thoroughly apologize as I did not realize I was speaking with someone so late in life as yourself so maybe the conversation has not been conveyed correctly, but all of the other members who have contributed to this thread have not only helped myself but potentially others down the road to help diagnose their problems. The "other posters" actually being productive and helpful unlike yourself a "moderator"

I do thoroughly apologize as I did not realize I was speaking with someone so late in life as yourself so maybe the conversation has not been conveyed correctly, but all of the other members who have contributed to this thread have not only helped myself but potentially others down the road to help diagnose their problems. The "other posters" actually being productive and helpful unlike yourself a "moderator"
Moderator has nothing to do with what I post on here. I look at what I post as lighting a fire to get things moving along. You were at a point at the time I posted that you were ready to give up on the saw. What do we learn when we give up on something so simple. You say you are a mechanic, that makes me think you have skills. More skills than the majority of those that come on this site looking for help and you are ready to give up. Man up and get on with it or get it to someone that can is about as real as I can be.

Moderator has nothing to do with what I post on here. I look at what I post as lighting a fire to get things moving along. You were at a point at the time I posted that you were ready to give up on the saw. What do we learn when we give up on something so simple. You say you are a mechanic, that makes me think you have skills. More skills than the majority of those that come on this site looking for help and you are ready to give up. Man up and get on with it or get it to someone that can is about as real as I can be.
"Lighting a fire" would be motivating others to chime in for useful purposes, your posts are flagrantly unhelpful as others would probably agree. The most useful you could be at this point is to ignore this thread and let wild ideas or jokes of destroying a chainsaw take over.

"Lighting a fire" would be motivating others to chime in for useful purposes, your posts are flagrantly unhelpful as others would probably agree. The most useful you could be at this point is to ignore this thread and let wild ideas or jokes of destroying a chainsaw take over.
Carry on, I will not post in your thread again if you stop quoting my posts.

:clap:Appreciated pal! Why does the forum world need to become such a place for chest beating? Back to topic, this saw has 1 week before it is busted down into parts if nothing can be had of it. The proceeds with go towards an M18 chainsaw out of spite.

:clap:Appreciated pal! Why does the forum world need to become such a place for chest beating? Back to topic, this saw has 1 week before it is busted down into parts if nothing can be had of it. The proceeds with go towards an M18 chainsaw out of spite.
I wonder what crawled up his behind? I agree the comments were not helpful, and actually rather mean...

I'm at a loss, great spark, good compression, multiple carbs. Pressure/vac tested twice perfectly. Every hose/line inspected or replaced. Won't run at all now. I would give it away but don't want anyone else to have to deal with this thing.
Your still having issues with this dang thing ??!!? Jeeze. Where about are you ? I’d love to have a look at it at this point as a matter of annoying me and. It’s my saw !! Lol. Would you consider to ship it to me ? Take the handle off as I have spares

Back