• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stihl 026 PRO Fantastic condition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bchannell

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've posted earlier on this forum about my recent purchase of a nearly pristine 026PRO. It is without a doubt the best condition 026 I've seen anywhere. It still has the machining ridges on the piston, as it's not even broken in yet. I purchased the saw from an estate of a neighbor's friend who bought the saw new and hardly used it, and then sadly, passed away. (This is not a BS story, it is simply a once in while thing that comes along and you take it. I just happened to know the guy helping liquidate the estate and he asked would I be interested in a good saw). I have gone over the saw thoroughly and there is not a single problem with it. I checked everything I could think of, the hoses, the oiler, the oiler drive, fuel line and filter, oiler line and filter, etc, and no problems. It starts, runs , cuts and oils like a monster. I had toyed with the idea of souping it up and just playing with it. To that end, I have installed a brand new WT194 in place of the WT403A (and it didn't run bad at all with the original carb), and that's as far as I've gotten. I did not mod the muffler yet, EVERYTHING else on the saw is original to the saw and STIHL all the way. NO aftermarket parts. I have the saw, a very nice 20" bar w/ no chain. Three 16" bars, one new, and two used and in very nice condition. One 16" Oregon 22LPX chain that is new.
I have an older 023 that cuts everything I'll ever need to cut, as I don't burn wood anymore and am in the process of taking another job that will require travel, so I just don't need this fine saw. It is too nice a saw to just throw on ebay and get rid of to someone who may not appreciate that you simply can't buy saws like this one anymore.
I will negotiate a fair price with anyone interested in the saw, but they must know they're getting a primo saw and attachments and it all goes together. You will not be unhappy with this fine saw.
To recap it includes:
20" Stihl bar new (no chain)
16" Stihl bar new
2X 16" Stihl bars used, but in great condition, no junk and used but well cared for. No flattening, burrs or damage
16" Oregon 22LPX chain 325X.063 67 dl, (IIRC)
original WT403A carb (original taken off the saw, works perfectly)
Extra Stihl air filter (fleece)
Extra fuel line and filter (may be aftermarket, not sure, but it looks like Stihl and it is only a spare, was never on this saw, as it's all original)

Contact me and we'll discuss a deal. Pics on request. I will try to post some later on here.

261.jpg

262.jpg

263.jpg

264.jpg

265.jpg

I've posted earlier on this forum about my recent purchase of a nearly pristine 026PRO. It is without a doubt the best condition 026 I've seen anywhere. It still has the machining ridges on the piston, as it's not even broken in yet. I purchased the saw from an estate of a neighbor's friend who bought the saw new and hardly used it, and then sadly, passed away. (This is not a BS story, it is simply a once in while thing that comes along and you take it. I just happened to know the guy helping liquidate the estate and he asked would I be interested in a good saw). I have gone over the saw thoroughly and there is not a single problem with it. I checked everything I could think of, the hoses, the oiler, the oiler drive, fuel line and filter, oiler line and filter, etc, and no problems. It starts, runs , cuts and oils like a monster. I had toyed with the idea of souping it up and just playing with it. To that end, I have installed a brand new WT194 in place of the WT403A (and it didn't run bad at all with the original carb), and that's as far as I've gotten. I did not mod the muffler yet, EVERYTHING else on the saw is original to the saw and STIHL all the way. NO aftermarket parts. I have the saw, a very nice 20" bar w/ no chain. Three 16" bars, one new, and two used and in very nice condition. One 16" Oregon 22LPX chain that is new.
I have an older 023 that cuts everything I'll ever need to cut, as I don't burn wood anymore and am in the process of taking another job that will require travel, so I just don't need this fine saw. It is too nice a saw to just throw on ebay and get rid of to someone who may not appreciate that you simply can't buy saws like this one anymore.
I will negotiate a fair price with anyone interested in the saw, but they must know they're getting a primo saw and attachments and it all goes together. You will not be unhappy with this fine saw.
To recap it includes:
20" Stihl bar new (no chain)
16" Stihl bar new
2X 16" Stihl bars used, but in great condition, no junk and used but well cared for. No flattening, burrs or damage
16" Oregon 22LPX chain 325X.063 67 dl, (IIRC)
original WT403A carb (original taken off the saw, works perfectly)
Extra Stihl air filter (fleece)
Extra fuel line and filter (may be aftermarket, not sure, but it looks like Stihl and it is only a spare, was never on this saw, as it's all original)

Contact me and we'll discuss a deal. Pics on request. I will try to post some later on here.
Please give me a call on this unit. (608)477-0197, Dave

Ok, now i have a slight twitch.
Saws are as bad as drugs. I am going to the kitchen for peach cobbler, if the shakes continue i will be back here.

Back