stihl 026 problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both of my 026's have WT22 carbs. Odd coincidence? I never have gotten them fine tuned to my liking idle-wise, but both saws rev up quick to WOT and don't bog in the cut. I don't see much talk about the WT22's. How close are they to 194's, and are they known to be problematic?

Poge

Last edited:
Thanks LR, I read the thread, got all those other tools except a compression gauge and my vacuum gauge I had is broke. I'm never opposed to accumulating ore tools though! I feel this other strange feeling of wanting another saw.... is there anything that wards off CAD? I find myself cruising the newspaper and craiglist and ebay and...........well maybe it's to late for me now, LOL

I just got mine (a comp. guage), cheap and dirty but will do the job. I think I'm actually more of a tool hoarder than a diagnosed sufferer of the dread chainsaw disease. If one is serious about always "having the right tool for the job", there really is no choice other than getting lots and lots of tools...

Seriously though, one of the greatest tools one can have is something like a forum where there is always someone to ask. And manuals. All the manuals you can get your hands on.

Sorry for being OT.

/LR

k i've been pretty slow working on this thing(got distracted by a shiny new husky:hmm3grin2orange:) anyways got a compression tester, 120 after 5 pulls 150 after 10 pulls. Carb rebuilt properly, and coil replaced. Runs a little better at WOT but still stumbles here and there. Immediately after putting new coil on I started it and it ran all the way up to WOT on it's own and then returned to idle and died. I think I read somewhere that's from an air leak? Guess my next step is a pressure test?

Back