• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stihl 026-temporarily off the market

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasmacgod

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked this saw up locally as a project, ended up going in over my head money-wise, but it was fun nonetheless. Thought I might keep it around as I've always liked these old 026's, but it just isn't meant to be as the newer Huskies have me spoiled.

All parts are new Stihl OEM, except for the muffler, which is a Hyway.

It was stripped down to the crankcase halves, and everything given a bath in simple green.

New parts include 44mm piston and cylinder kit (Mahle), crank bearings, crank seals, wrist pin bearing, clutch bearing, anti vibe isolators, oil lines, fuel line, intake boot, impulse line, gaskets, fuel filter, bar oil pickup body, spark plug, sprocket, fuel cap, oil cap, air filter, and other small parts. Carb is a Walbro WT-22b, and it was torn down, cleaned up, and rebuilt.

I mounted a new 16" bar and chain, and took it out and put 5 - 7 tanks through it (lost count) to shake out any gremlins, and found none. Holds perfect pressure and vacuum. Currently blowing 155 psi by my gauge, which is, admittedly, a cheap gauge.

The saw does show typical wear and tear for a 25 year old saw. The biggest issue is the top cover is melted above the muffler (as shown in the pics). It doesnt affect the function of the saw and didn't bother me, so I left it alone.

Asking $300 plus the ride. PM with offers if I'm too high. Will accept USPS Money Order, PayPal, or cash money face to face in the KC area.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Temporarily off the market.

I found a gremlin when I was flushing out the oil tank. I observed a fuel leak while it was on its left side, glad I caught it. Seems it is missing the little valve, umbrella-shaped rubber deal.

Good to see a local around here!! I'm just south of you on I-35. I'm gonna take a guess and say you run Amada's somewhere around town?

Latest posts

Back