Stihl 028 Muffler and Chainbrake Assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha yeah I have a feeling. This is my first time rebuilding a chainsaw but I can see this getting obsessive really quick. Thanks for the heads up.

These are pics I had on my phone already. I didn’t get my shipment yet. The muffler on it was hacked up really bad and is all bent so it doesn’t seal right to the cylinder.

Here are some of the parts I have ordered. Some off eBay and some from vendors.
Tecomec 46mm cylinder, piston and rings
New AV bushings
Fuel line and filter
Impulse line
Bearings
Air filter
Gasket set
Fuel tank vent
Various parts lots off of eBay
Wood Boss Stickers
Stihl recoil name plate

The muffler in the picture is for the newer 028 I think maybe a 028 super. Would you guys run with that or go for the original one that would have come with this saw? I am putting a 46mm cylinder on it so maybe this one is best. You guys would know better than me.

I think you are off to a good start. Should have a strong runner with all the new parts installed. Might want to add a carb kit if it's not on order

I'd polish up the ex port and match the muffler to the port outlet. Post some pictures of the inside of the muffler, may want to open that up some, how depending on whats inside.

Check squish when you install cylinder, may be able to base gasket delete.

Yep I forgot. Carb kit has been ordered as well. I’ll post some pics of muffler.

I used a quarter for scale. To me it looks like the outlet is less than half the size of the screen. Do I add more fins for venting like is on there now? Or do I put some on the other side that does not have an outlet?

Yeah I agree. I am honestly debating getting everything powder coated. I know it will run well without it. I like my tools to look good. We will see. I have a couple options to get it done.

Back