Stihl 028 parts diagrams

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamiXWP

Reaction score
My husband loves his 028 stihl but because of not being able to find parts, broke down and bought a new Stihl saw in September before Hurricane Ike. Well that saw broke right away. Some plastic piece conected with the pull rope. Anyway, he love his 028 WB and I would love to find parts for it on Ebay but I don't know the part numbers for his saw. He needs new points and a new Sprocket, the one that came with the saw. Is there any place I can get a parts breakdown with part numbers. Thanks for any help.

Tami

Last edited:
Welcome to AS

I'm sure there will be someone on here who can help you more than I can, but perhaps I can point you in the right direction. First, that saw is old and many of the parts are not available through the dealer anymore. I know that they can be found with enough patience because I have an 028 WB myself that I'm working on now.

First, just try looking for "Stihl 028 WB" on fleabay. You'll see a lot of parts listed, probably what you're looking for. I think I saw a points and condenser set on there the other day. Many parts from different saws will fit that model. Plus, there are 028 WBs, 028 AVs, 028 Supers, etc... As for the sprocket, you'll need to know the pitch, but it's probably .325. That information should be listed on the bar or on the sprocket.

Also, there's another forum on here called "Chainsaw". It's down toward the bottom of the main page. There are several members there who are very knowledgeable on saws and should be able to help. If I can help more just send me a PM. No power here yet because of the storm so it may take me a while to respond.

Thanks to both of you for the help. I knew that they no longer made parts for the saw but was just hoping to find what I need on Ebay. We have had the saw 28 years. But its such a great saw. Not abunch of plastic on it like the new ones. I posted on the Manuals link and again, thanks to you both for taking the time to offer help.

Tami

Thanks to both of you for the help. I knew that they no longer made parts for the saw but was just hoping to find what I need on Ebay. We have had the saw 28 years. But its such a great saw. Not abunch of plastic on it like the new ones. I posted on the Manuals link and again, thanks to you both for taking the time to offer help.

Tami
you're welcome, try talking to some of the guys here they may be able to help you find what you need.

Last edited:
Back