Stihl 028 WB for $150 yes or no

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodiakfisher

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I may have a chance to buy an 028 locally so no shipping looks to be in excellant condition and comes with what looks to be a brand new case. The original bar still looks new i.e. you can still read everything on the bar. My husky bar was worn off after about 3-4 cords of wood.

Kodiakfisher

If it runs good, then yes. You could part it out on e-bay and double your money, if worse came to worse.

Last edited:
I went and took a look and the saw owner had painted the bar but the saw was very well used and since it just "had a tune up" and now they are selling my suspicion is the dealer said this or that is wrong and they guy cleaned it up and is trying to sell it.

I have a McCulloch 4900 that is my own little problem child I don't need another one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUSQVARNA-141-C...722750967QQcategoryZ79666QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This makes my 141 for $80 like a steal the guy couldn't get it to run good. He had the high speed jet set too lean and it would fall flat in the cut I made the correct adjustment and the saw cuts fine for me now.

Kodiakfisher

Back