stihl 029 cylinder kit.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a good ( no scoring etc.. ) piston and cylinder for a Stihl 029 super and cost for same. Thanks.

Doc

Check ebay. I got a piston & cyl. kit for the same saw from a guy that was factory Mahle parts for something close to $65 + shipping. He had several P&C sets for sale for various saws. I didn't think to ask about a 039/390 P&C until after I bought the 029 parts. IIRC he quoted me $100 for the 039/390 parts. I looked at my ebay history but couldn't find the sellers name. Hope this helps.

cylinder kit.

I have checked and still am checking e-bay, there are currently two, one new for $110 usd + shipping which is $34 usd ( I am in Canada. ) the other is an open bid and used, seller saids 140 # compression no scoring but you never know with e-bay. Thanks for the help.

Doc

Doug,

Are you thinking about a guy who used to trade under the name ls_quindos ?

I remember him, he sold a lot of genuine parts at low prices.

I have him saved in my favourites and he has changed his handle to y-not-7-2006. Hasn't traded since July.

Dan

Actually i don't know that ebay name. I was thinking cheapstihlparts. I bought a new cylinder kit from there for my 026 and when it came the top ring had rust on it. Most feedback is good so i guess that may have been an isolated incident but ya never know with ebay.

Doc

Yeah, that was his name. I couldn't think of it before, but now seeing it I remember. Thats too bad. I thought he had great prices for genuine parts. I did have to wonder about his parts source to be able to sell for that cheap, though.

doc874 said:
Actually i don't know that ebay name. I was thinking cheapstihlparts. I bought a new cylinder kit from there for my 026 and when it came the top ring had rust on it. Most feedback is good so i guess that may have been an isolated incident but ya never know with ebay.

Doc

Bryce is real easy to deal with. If you got a ring that has rust, ask him to change it...

ls_Quindos worked at the factory (Mahle) that made the pistons and cylinders.. Hmmm...

saws

I think that this guy is fine, like i said, i think this was an isolated incident and i'm sure he would have replaced the part but being me i just buffed it down, there wasn't any pitting so i was good to go. I know when you have that much on the go it's difficult to monitor all items. I would certainly buy again. His prices for the genuine Stihl items are excellent, i just am not to fond of the shipping cost which average five times as much as the US, but then again i am in Kanuck land.

Doc

Latest posts

Back