stihl 029 fuel line & f-filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstex

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Wanted to know if there are any special tools needed to pull and replace both the fuel-line and fuel filter for my 029?

If you have any "tricks-of-the-trade" or recommendations regarding anything in removing or re-installing these parts, I am ALL EARS. This is the first time I have been into my 029 before so I wanted to proceed with both good advice and caution.

Thank you very much & pls let me know if you have any questions.

Appreciate all your help and advice.

Regards,
tstex

Last edited:
No special tools needed. Any bent piece of wire will enable you to hook the fuel line and filter up to the filler cap opening. You disconnect them by pulling apart gently, twisting them a little helps aswell. Disconnect the other end from the carb, if you haven't already done so. Take note of the alignment of the tab on the grommet (parallel to rib on tank). Then using your fingers in the gas tank, push the grommet attached to the fuel line out. Or prise out from top. Reassemble in reverse order. You might find putting a little fuel mix on the new fuel line grommet will aid installation and don't use anything sharp to push the grommet back in.

Latest posts

Back