Stihl 029 - good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would clean the saw up, sharpen it up, and resell it. You could probably clear $200 in profit, and you could put that money toward a saw that is actually suited to light milling and other duties.
Very true.... although i have the hoarding disease that was generational handed down to me..... i may just need to keep this one, and add a third saw to my collection ;)

I mean, collecting chainsaws must be harmless.... i only know one guy that collects them.. and he only has a small collection.... of like 100 lol (actually.. maybe its over 100) lol. I'll have to text him to confirm lol. Actually i dont know how many he has, but I've heard he has more than he can count.

Very true.... although i have the hoarding disease that was generational handed down to me..... i may just need to keep this one, and add a third saw to my collection ;)

I mean, collecting chainsaws must be harmless.... i only know one guy that collects them.. and he only has a small collection.... of like 100 lol (actually.. maybe its over 100) lol. I'll have to text him to confirm lol. Actually i dont know how many he has, but I've heard he has more than he can count.
This is how it starts.

"Just a little taste".

FWIW, this model line need a muff mod more than most. The saw breathes out through two tiny slits. The modification make it a totally different saw. My modded 039 kept up with my buddies stock 038Mag, no joke.

To get the year it was made, look at the sticker below the trigger/grip.
While cleaning it up, look at the fuel line above the tank for cracks, they were/are bad about that.

What other saws did the dude have for sale?
That was the only chainsaw he currently had for sale, but he may have more in the future he said. He just wasn't sure he was ready to part with his better saws. He did have a Hitachi and Black and Decker miter saws for sale, along with a really nice homemade trailer. He said if he sold anything else he would have it sitting out front just like this one.

Latest posts

Back