Stihl .031 ignition ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if you put the stihl module on an 031 that had pionts, do you have to change the flyweheel to the electronic one?

So if you put the stihl module on an 031 that had pionts, do you have to change the flyweheel to the electronic one?

I have gotten an IPL for the 031 and that is exactly what I am thinking ..... the whole conversion would cost more than the saw's worth. :msp_ohmy:

I know some guys have said that changing the flywheel is important to have the correct timing, but I have converted 2 points 031's for friends and I did not change the flywheel. The first saw ran strong and crisp, and is still running strong after cutting 30 cords of wood. The second saw didn't run as strong, but it was a little beat up. It's basically a back-up saw and the guy wanted it running on the cheap, so we didn't go into it any further. Last I knew it was still running good.
Scott

I dont think you have to change the flywheel. There are different atom modules for different ignitions. Just get the one that is made for replacing points. Not sure what color it is. Do a search for atom module if your still unsure.:msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back