Stihl 032 Oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kidd300

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got a sweet 032 and when using it I go thru a tank of gas to less than a half tank of bar oil is this normal ?

Mike

Not normal,should empty both roughly together.Check if the oil holes on the blade are not blocked.But probably you need to clean the oil pump and the screen inside the tank also.I dont know if there is an adjustement on pump,turn the saw upside down and look for an adj.screw on the pump.

How do i clean the pump take the clutch off and removethe cover

i check the screen in the tank its clear when i run the saw with a full tank of oil and at idle the oil pumps out in a pump like flow but how much should be coming out at idle ?

Mike

It's probably fine... if it pumps a decent dribble at idle it's likely o.k. Half a tank? sounds a bit low, but is that with the oiler tuned up max? The oiler screw should only rotate about 90 degrees (I think). If it goes around and around, the stop is broken off and you may not be at max output.

To get to the oil pump you need to remove the clutch etc.. are you up for this?

Make sure you don't have a real thick bar oil. Try some 20wt engine oil just fro a test.

032 oiler

I think im up to do it Saws are new to me but I'll try anything once

Are the pumps able to be cleaned and/or taken apart and cleaned out or just replace them ?

Id like to talk to you about this saw if possible [email protected]

Mike

Latest posts

Back