Stihl 032

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KASH

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got a Stihl 032 from the dump missing the gas cap but all together.Had a spare cap got it running but could not tune the idle circuit .I tore it down piston cylinder perfect one stripped muffler bolt.The air leak was from the rubber intake boot it has a huge tear.The last person tried electrical tape a waste of time and tape.I now have the 030 031 and 032 I like this family of saws .They are a pain to work on but have a unique look and sound to them.They have very good power for there engine size.
Thanks to some one who posted the IPL it is number 25 Stihl calls it a manifold I call it rubber intake boot
part number 1113 141 2201
Does any one know if this part is still a stock item.Any suggestions on where I could buy one if it is NLA? The price is unimportant with in reason of course.

I could use two of them .
Thanks Kash

Jen ai un je crois mais en France.
Tu la présenté en photos ta 032?
Voici la mienne que j ai acheté dépouillée et sans guide, reconstruite en partie, il manque encore la tringle de frein de chaine avec me bon carter de pignon qui a un trou normalement, moi c est un sans trou qui a été remplacé. 20200312_185007.jpg20200312_185036.jpg20200312_185007.jpg

Thanks Harley you are one heck of a translator you even translated it into Canuck for me.
No luck on securing the intake boot locally so I spent the afternoon on the saw repaired all the muffler bolts cleaned every thing dirtiest saw I ever worked on and I have done lots of saws .Almost every screw was loose. Lots of hours on the saw but overall in good shape mounts are all there in good condition .
I glued the crack in the boot together with tire cement let it sit over nite than I coated over the crack with the black rubber cement they use to install wind shields in automobiles.I let that cure and very carefully with a few choice words installed it on the saw and assembled the engineering marvel called the 032. A pain compared to most saws you have to make sure you have every thing in place and on before you proceed to the next step.
Saw runs very well but the oil out put is a little low.I am a bit different than my USA counterparts as I use 16 inch bars on all my saws and I like one tank of oil to two tanks gas .This saw is less I will scope it out tomorrow hope it is an easy fix but have my doubts.
Kash

I just responded to that other guy's French with my snarky meme.

Let me dig around through some old junkers, a repaired boot won't last 10 minutes.

Back