Stihl 032av ignition chip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIguy21

Reaction score
Hello, new to the site. Have a Stihl 032 av that the points and condenser were bad. Looked online and read a lot about ignition chips to take place of the points and condenser. So I bought an Oregon 33-053 chip for the saw. Got the chip and hooked it up. Put the negative on the chip to a bolt on the coil to ground it and the positive to the kill switch. Pulled it over and had great spark. Put whole saw together and fired right up. Saw was running great. Took it to some wood for a cut and died about half way through the log. Pulled and pulled. No start. Pulled the spark plug and found no spark. Read online that sometimes these chips are faulty. Was wondering if anyone has had good luck with a different chip or if I had it hooked up incorrectly? Thanks in advance!

Thanks. I read the Nova 2 chip is the one to get. Got one hooked it up and 45 seconds later no spark again. Not sure what to do. I read people had luck with the Stihl chip. Might try that next.

Back