stihl 032av ignition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me understand this, this is the coil that was on it and the trigger was under the flywheel? If so, you can measure that coil with an ohmmeter, from end of spark plug wire to ground and from where the trigger wires into the coil to ground. Just a few ohms on the primary and a few thousand on the secondary (plug wire end). You can probably get by with a Nova II trigger on this one.

The wires going to the donut thingy, where do they go?
The wire from the coil goes on the screw on right side of the picture. You can see the glue that was there to help hold it. Screws through doughnut serve as a ground. Will heat coil in oven see if it opens up like was suggested. Will post results when I get it done.

Let me understand this, this is the coil that was on it and the trigger was under the flywheel? If so, you can measure that coil with an ohmmeter, from end of spark plug wire to ground and from where the trigger wires into the coil to ground. Just a few ohms on the primary and a few thousand on the secondary (plug wire end). You can probably get by with a Nova II trigger on this one.
No this is the trigger that was under the flywheel, coil outside on right like normal in last picture.

Yeah, I understand. I believe you can get by using a Nova II or the Oregon chip as a trigger if you can find a good place to install it, wire it to the coil (instructions included) and the kill wire and you should be good to go! That coil should be okay, they were built like a tank and seldom go bad.

1118 400 1001 was for the 028, 030, 031

Can you put up a pic of the back side of that flywheel?

Also, take a photo of the wires/coil etc., of the area under the flywheel.

Actually, there was another larger sized remote Stihl trigger 1118 400 1004 used after that 1000 donut, and the 1001 on the 032s.

Here's an S032 with the 1004 installed, my four other S032 Electronic runners have the smaller 1001 triggers. The 1004 in the pic is becoming scarce, but VEC makes a high quality clone.

image.jpeg

You'll need that little V bracket to mount the smaller 1001 down in the corner pocket on an S032, and it clears the starter cover.

image.jpeg

If you are relying only on Mediacat for your quoted applications, you're missing a lot of work arounds.

Back