Stihl 034 Bar Oil Mess

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.S. You WILL FU OEM hose kit, if you are not careful, too much or not enough heat, hose crimples............

There is enough tube for (most) two saws, in one kit.

I was lucky and got it right FIRST TIME WITH HELP FROM AS MEMBERS HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Learn and listen, I Stihl am, pun intended.

Thanks to my Mentors for this AS knowledge.

Forgot I have to take the kid to Air Cadets tonight and therefore can't play with my saw.

I know my oil line isn't seated all the way into the case like the pictures you are showing...the light-bulb just went on:msp_ohmy:. When the bar is installed there could be enough back pressure pushing the oil back into the pump chamber...hummmmmmmm.

I will try to check it out tomorrow after work and get back to you. THANKS for all the guidance and support!!!

The hose with brass nipple inserted makes an interference fit in the case. it has to be installed from the bar side, with the nipple into hose beforehand. I can't see how the nipple would be loose unless the hose is damaged.

Get the OEM hose kit about $5, only one metal coil spring but enough thermoplastic hose for two repairs. Be careful when heating the hose ends, too much heat and it will collapse, not enough and it will be like trying to put your fist into a 2" pvc pipe. Iguess that is why the kit has enough tubing for > 2 repairs ; )

OK, got me an OME oil kit today when I was at the saw shop on another matter. I hope to install the kit tomorrow if time permits. The dude at the parts counter said that I didn't have to install the brass piece???? He was suggesting that it would be better to cut the hose long as to have it but up to the hole on the bar...come on...really?:dizzy:

OK, got me an OME oil kit today when I was at the saw shop on another matter. I hope to install the kit tomorrow if time permits. The dude at the parts counter said that I didn't have to install the brass piece???? He was suggesting that it would be better to cut the hose long as to have it but up to the hole on the bar...come on...really?:dizzy:

Have a bic lite and needle nose to install the kit..

If you heat TOO much the hose crumples, not enough and it will not fit on to brass nipple/pump body.

Maybe that is why enough tubing for 2+ saws in each kit? :msp_wink:

Do not forget the metal coil that goes inside. It needs to be there.

Best,

MP

Does Jethro DUDE the partman work on saws? I think not.

Hose is SMALLER than case outlet, when brass nipple is inserted it is big enough for an iINTERFERENCE FIT it the case, makes a nice seal.

No nipple and the hose will puke oil in and out of case outlet.

Jethro will sell you another hose assy :hmm3grin2orange:

P.S. install one end of hose BEFORE cutting, if you FU heating/install plenty left to try again.

Last edited:
Does Jethro DUDE the partman work on saws? I think not.

Hose is SMALLER than case outlet, when brass nipple is inserted it is big enough for an iINTERFERENCE FIT it the case, makes a nice seal.

No nipple and the hose will puke oil in and out of case outlet.

Jethro will sell you another hose assy :hmm3grin2orange:

P.S. install one end of hose BEFORE cutting, if you FU heating/install plenty left to try again.

Yup, I think I've got it. I will try the install tomorrow and let you know how great it turned out.

I know this isn't your issue but I had the same symptom on an 026 that had a blocked delivery tube. It would pop off the nipple and puke oil. The brass insert had collected debris and caused a blockage.

I thought this might help someone else reading this thread.

Back