• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy STIHL 034 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briguy26

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking for a STIHL 034 cylinder in great shape, no scoring or scuffing I'm fine with used. Or 036 cylinder? Only if it's a direct bolt on which I think it is. Thanks fellas20170729_142206.jpg
This is my buddy's second saw he's managed to blow up:chainsaw:

I'm not sure if Stihl offers an OEM spacer. Do a quick search here. I can't really remember, but I know people have made their own. If not, I'm sure there is somebody here who knows better than I.

Not all conversions require them. I have a few made by a member. Let me know if you need one.

I'd go 036 cylinder with Meteor piston. Dave had Meteors for $34... there are some on ebay for $38ish.

Did he blow up the same saw twice?

Not all conversions require them. I have a few made by a member. Let me know if you need one.

I'd go 036 cylinder with Meteor piston. Dave had Meteors for $34... there are some on ebay for $38ish.

Did he blow up the same saw twice?
He blew up a ms251, so I built him the bigger 034, and he blew that one up to. I vacuum/pressure tested and no leaks on it. The rings were seated just fine. I think he screwed up the oil/gas mix ratio. It wasn't running lean so I don't know what the Hell he did. I like the meteor pistons the cylinder wasn't salvageable.

Thanks Mad for the offer, but I think I'll convert it into an 036 48mm. Fingers crossed he won't burn it up again...

I'd probably do the same. I got the 034 jugs on a ebay sale that claimed they were 036, didn't inspect them well until too late. I keep a good used OEM jug and NOS/OEM piston on hand for my 036 saws. Love those saws for firewood sized stuff.

Back