Stihl 034AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll be doing a pressure test when I get the time. What is the reasoning behind a leak causing the impulse to not work properly?
crankcase suction/pressure is what make the pump diaphragm pump.

I know about the screen, fuel will flow to the metering side without the screen but with the screen it doesn’t flow. I tested it without the screen figured it wouldn’t make a difference just to see if it would run
Seems that the screen is clogged. Clogged screen = no gas to carb. Fix that first before you go chasing your tail........

Did you actually try to run it without the clogged screen?

A little belated but I got the 034 running today. After a tear down of everything but splitting the case, cleaned everything and put it back together it ran after a couple pulls on choke and some carb tuning. Vacuum test resulted in no leaks. I did notice that the tank breather screw was screwed all the way in. I backed it out a little was the only thing I changed other than cleaning. Could not letting the tank breathe or breathe as much have been my issue the whole time?

The grub screw style tank vents are not meant to be screwed/twisted in, they cut threads that way. They should just push in allowing air to bypass the grub screw around the threads but that won`t happen if the threads are blocked from cutting into the walls of vent line.

Back