Stihl 036 Quickstop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonScott46

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking at going after a Stihl 036 Quickstop, seller says the quickstop is nonfunctional and is actually calling it Quickstart. I am not at all familiar with this feature besides that it engages the chain break when you let go of the tank handle. Does the normal chainbreak function work without the Quickstop functioning? If not how much would it take to convert this into a normal 036?

245424813_3da43c37-f6c3-4e43-acd1-bca49c6a9a07.jpg

Waiting for an answer as to if the saw is complete or not. That is just a picture the seller has showing under the clutch cover.

Not my saw yet. I saw the dawg was upside down, the seller is also calling it Quick Start instead of Quick Stop...

Is it possible to just put a new non Quick Stop chainbreak assembly on these types of saws?
Well, looking at the service manual, I would hesitantly say no. They have completely different assemblies as far as I can tell. Hopefully one of the gurus on this site well step in and give you a definitive answer one way or the other.

Back