Stihl 038 AV Super Farm Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubster

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else ever saw one?I was thinking about this saw today,I ran it about 25 years ago and it was several years old then.I have seen the AV,the Super,the Farm Boss,but that was the only one I ever saw that was all combined.

I saw once 2 of that kind of chainsaws for sale, if I remember right, one was for felling and for firewood and one was for backup, hasn't been much in the wood, because man who used it, gone working abroad. I don't remember pricing. There is some pictures online, if you need it. Here is a few.

iu

iu

I saw once 2 of that kind of chainsaws for sale, if I remember right, one was for felling and for firewood and one was for backup, hasn't been much in the wood, because man who used it, gone working abroad. I don't remember pricing. There is some pictures online, if you need it. Here is a few.

iu

iu
Thanks for the pictures.I'm not looking to buy one,I was just making sure I was remembering right about there being an 038 Farm Boss Super.

I guess sometimes you have to put a whole lot of lipstick on a pig in order to sell it?
I remember that being a slow,heavy,clean the air filter every 20 minutes saw.The boss man told me if it ever wore out,he would get me a new saw.That 038 was hard to kill,but it finally died.He bought me a brand new 039.

Back