Stihl 040 info?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
William, none of the 041's that I have worked on over the years ever had that airbox. However, judging by the picture, your saw uses the early part # 1110 120 1611A flocked air filter. they have been obsolete for quite some time, now. You are in luck, though because I do have a limited supply of these filters, NOS. If you email me your address I can send you one for $15.00 usd. If your air filter cover is missing, (I do not see it in your photo) there are a few of them available on ebay right now, one in particular is in mint condition. I hope this helps, John.

Dang John, I bought that one that's mint on ebay early this morning. My saw was bought new in 1972, but could have been produced between 68 and 72.

I just picked up a Stihl 040 at a swap meet. The seller said the fuel tank leaks, but I haven't confirmed that yet. When I checked google images, all of the pictures that pop up seem to be from Europe. Was this saw not sold in the US? My local Stihl saw shop can't find it in their literature either.

stihl_040.jpg

stihl_040-2.jpg
Yes they were sold in the US. I had one for many years until a rod bolt broke and destroyed the engine. I traded it back to the dealer for a bar and 2 chains that fit my replacement. He wanted it to salvage parts for other saws that were still running.

Latest posts

Back