• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 041 Farm Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Power head only and for only the $25 cost of Fed Ex ground to mainland USA. This classic saw almost runs but refuses to start. Has good compression and spark, so it must be a fuel issue. An ideal parts saw or one that can be repaired. I simply have too many saws this size already on board. Take a close look:

I'll ship it dry and cover any shipping cost above $25. Paypal is preferred or I'll wait for your check to arrive.

Generous !
Looks worth fixing up. Loctite the screws and normal maintenance and it should be a fine little workhorse.
I thought best to find the saw a good home for a saw enthusiast. Garage sales tend not to do that. People buy stuff there and then sell back out like wholesalers. Once these 041 saws start running, there is little that goes wrong with them. I think this is entirely a carb/fuel issue. The vintage is likely circa 1978 or so. A retired farmer presented it to me in 2011 after I fixed his Stihl 036 that had a broken chain brake and a loose bar stud.

Back