Stihl 041 handle question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgwelsh

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
have a non AV with busted handle. I believe the AV handles are far more common on ebay. will one fit the non AV saw.

Saw is i think early 70's, but only guessing on that one.

thanks
Duncan

Got anymore 041 stuff you dont need? Always looking for spare parts.

Oh, to answer your question. The 041 AV handle is bigger in diameter and longer on the bottom, so no unfortunately it wont work on the non-av model.

Nothing that qualifies as a "handle" on the 041AV will interchange with the solid mount handle . The top handle is different. The rear handle is different. Even the crankcases are different as they have discimilar mounts for the handles.

This is the major differences between the solid and AV models.

Bob

I have an 041 farm boss that needs a new home need to clean out shop. Been sitting a while. Last week put fresh gas in it and started right up.

I have an 041 farm boss that needs a new home need to clean out shop. Been sitting a while. Last week put fresh gas in it and started right up.

Put it in the classifieds here with a pic or two. You will sell it quickly as long as the price is fair!

Thats the one, just a little pricey. Others have gone for around 30+shipping. I'll just hold out a little longer.

Thanks for the help. Not quite ready to part with this saw.

Thats the one, just a little pricey. Others have gone for around 30+shipping. I'll just hold out a little longer.

Thanks for the help. Not quite ready to part with this saw.

Let me look in the shop tonight. I think I have one of those handle. I'll PM you if I do.

Latest posts

Back