Stihl 041 Score or Cad gone wrong ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cford

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

223883d1329256319-100_3525-medium-jpg

Bought off kijiji... no picture till I got there ... thought the 041 had the brake .. talked myself into buying it since the bar & chain would be half of my cost and I had driven a hour to get there. Seems to start and run ok but not really sure I am careful or crazy enough to use one without the brake.

Comments ? Thanks

That is way too dangerous for anyone to operate.

I suggest you remove the bar/chain and send the powerhead to me. It will make a fine source of spare parts for my farmer friend's saw.

yeah what 67l36driver said :laugh:

they are really good saws i got one i'm trying to put back togeather agian i know it runs i just need a recoil for it and a air filter. But anyway they are some dang good saws to be had.

yeah what 67l36driver said :laugh:

they are really good saws i got one i'm trying to put back togeather agian i know it runs i just need a recoil for it and a air filter. But anyway they are some dang good saws to be had.

Shhhhhhh....dont over do it, you will drive the price up.

Great saw. Ive had mine running for a month or two now, and have fallen in love with it. I hardly ever used my chain brake when i did have one, long as the idle is set right, you dont really need it. only problem ive seen that is pretty common is the oil pump seal and thats an easy fix...just not the cheapest. so if its leaking oil down the front, just send it to me, ill take care of it......:msp_biggrin:

Great saw. Ive had mine running for a month or two now, and have fallen in love with it. I hardly ever used my chain brake when i did have one, long as the idle is set right, you dont really need it. only problem ive seen that is pretty common is the oil pump seal and thats an easy fix...just not the cheapest. so if its leaking oil down the front, just send it to me, ill take care of it......:msp_biggrin:

What you need to do is sell it to me, the other guys dont need anymore chainsaws:msp_sneaky: I will at least give you 1/2 of your $$ back:msp_smile:

Ahhh the 041 is a nice saw, but what is up with the 038MAGNUM in your sig???? As for the 041, I traded a running WildThing for a non-running 041. Half hour on my lunch break and the 041 came alive, sold it for 237.50 plus shipping on evil-bay. Gotta love that "STIHL" fallowing. You should seen the look on the kids face when his old saw started up.;)

Ahhh the 041 is a nice saw, but what is up with the 038MAGNUM in your sig???? As for the 041, I traded a running WildThing for a non-running 041. Half hour on my lunch break and the 041 came alive, sold it for 237.50 plus shipping on evil-bay. Gotta love that "STIHL" fallowing. You should seen the look on the kids face when his old saw started up.;)

038 Mag needs ... piston + lines & gaskets + couple of covers ... no hurry to fix I think I am working on 2013-2014 wood supply

I've got three 041's and another on it's way via USPS. Two of them are 041avs and the other is a 041FB. One of the av models has the chain brake and the other doesn't. Really isn't that much difference between the two but I do have to say I prefer to run with the chain brake more often because of the safety factor that's always in the back of our minds. You can always find the parts you need and add a brake to yours if you want to. They are really good saws with plenty of torque.

These are one of my favorite old saws to tinker with. A perfect CAD score! I already have a pair of them (both with chainbrakes) and would not hesitate to pick up another one if it was clean.

You can add a chainbrake, if you can find the parts (you will need a new clutch cover with the brake guts, and a chainbrake handle with the 041 mounting block).

Back