stihl 041 super help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody111

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
have a chance to purchase a very clean hardly used 041 super with 18 inch bar that i would use for cutting fire wood. it would replace my old farmboss i have worn out. Is $225.00 to much to much to pay ? how dependable the they ? i would very much apprieciate input on any performance mods i could or should do. the saw cuts wonderful but i still would like to have a little more power out of my next saw. Is this the most saw for the money {hp, $, dependability } on a limmited budget ?

woody111 said:
have a chance to purchase a very clean hardly used 041 super with 18 inch bar that i would use for cutting fire wood. it would replace my old farmboss i have worn out. Is $225.00 to much to much to pay ? how dependable the they ? i would very much apprieciate input on any performance mods i could or should do. the saw cuts wonderful but i still would like to have a little more power out of my next saw. Is this the most saw for the money {hp, $, dependability } on a limmited budget ?

$150 would be a lot to pay for an 041 even in great shape. Dependable, Yes I will give the 041 that.

With $225 to spend you could do much, much, much better.:cheers:

$225 is not bad for a very good condition 041 SUPER... not Farm Boss or just AV. We get more than that around here, but go through them and offer a warranty. The -Super was the last 041 model made.

Don't mod this type of saw - just use it. They are NOT high reving, but have great torque. They will run a 24-28 inch bar all day long.

I don't know what other saw in the same class you can get for the money - maybe an old 034 (not really same class) ... all depends on condition..

Latest posts

Back