Stihl 041av electronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desporado45

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a stihl 041av chainsaw that the electronic ignition went out. There is no oem replacement available. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can find a used one or do a conversion for it. Is there a business or person that does this sort of work. Love the saw and would like to continue using it. I know it probably will not be cheap to fix,

This ebay site claims to fix the av electronic ignition....
If you don't have point and condenser version ignition and or need help troubleshooting your 041AV saw with OEM electronic ignition, feel free to ask.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254653062227
This will not help me as my saw doesn't have points. As he stated, this solution will not work on a Bosch electronic.

This will not help me as my saw doesn't have points. As he stated, this solution will not work on a Bosch electronic.
somewhere on here there was a long post about fixing those things, I think the guy might have been an electrical engineer. Maybe a couple years back. Try the search mode and good luck!

The threads on how to repair the bosch electronic unit was done by FoggySail. There is a recent thread with repair info I am doing some history searching and will bump it to the top if I run across it.
Kash

I have a stihl 041av chainsaw that the electronic ignition went out. There is no oem replacement available. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can find a used one or do a conversion for it. Is there a business or person that does this sort of work. Love the saw and would like to continue using it. I know it probably will not be cheap to fix,
Is this what you are looking for?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1444131607...MIzs6Jyc629gIVQBXUAR2C7wJvEAQYASABEgLS8fD_BwE

According to his post on the ebay site it will not work with electronic ignitions. I have found a site in Germany (saegenspezi.de) that says it has a replacement for the OEM electronic ignition as long its a Bosch. Will not work with a Sem model. Will keep you updated on how successful it is.

K Surges? May 01 2021 had a thread "Stihl 056 failing sem ignition" Several posts down Hotshot showed a u-tube video by a German and said he didn't hear German well but the video may be very helpful It was for me on my 056 bosch ignitions

If you have a 2or 4 magnet flywheel ithink it will work for your 041 The stihl SEM GA are not repairable this way but the SEM GE and Bosch are. In my opinion it is a slick fix . I used a Fein Multi tool with a wood blade to saw the failed part off of the ignition plate

According to his post on the ebay site it will not work with electronic ignitions. I have found a site in Germany (saegenspezi.de) that says it has a replacement for the OEM electronic ignition as long its a Bosch. Will not work with a Sem model. Will keep you updated on how successful it is.
I think it will work with a SEM GE but not the SEM GA You will need the bosch pick up coil to work with the trigger. I used a 12.34$ single spade trigger off of the BAY.

Yes, that’s correct for the Bosch CDI flywheel number.

The updated pawl type fanwheel is Stihl 1115 086 0501.

Attached interesting YT video of a SEM GE stator hack I ran across, too bad I don’t hear German well, but it looks likes he put a Bosch points coil & FW on it, then a Nova type points eliminator chip?

read this entire thread and watch the video on post #21

Latest posts

Back