Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callum

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey. I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 044 10mm. The seller claimed it has bad bearings. Is there a way of checking this without removing them and splitting the case. Also. Is the crankcase gasket the same for the 10mm and 12 mm version.

hello Cullum , and welcome to the site, yes the same tool for both 10/12mm.... and checking for bearing end play stripping the saw down a bit get a hold of the crank both ends and ck for any movement/smooth turning ect. ...I have a couple of these very good saws.... and if in question best to replace both the bearings and the seals ...

Break the saw down to the point you can pull the seals off. I have had an 044 seem like it had good bearings only to find they were worn after I pulled the seals and checked.

You’ll want to replace the seals anyway as was noted earlier. Maybe the bearings too but for me if they check out good, I generally don’t mess with them.

Back