Stihl 044 fuel line help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on the green one here.
It was a real bugger to get the first part in the tank hole. Used a little grease on it and had to use a screwdriver and needle nose to get it started, wasnt easy. After the first part was in I then wiggled the most part in, then got some forceps in the tank and the screwdriver up top, some pushing and pulling and it went.
And I can see why a person would think it wont go in there.
I think I will get another stihl one for the other saw.

Update on the green one here.
It was a real bugger to get the first part in the tank hole. Used a little grease on it and had to use a screwdriver and needle nose to get it started, wasnt easy. After the first part was in I then wiggled the most part in, then got some forceps in the tank and the screwdriver up top, some pushing and pulling and it went.
And I can see why a person would think it wont go in there.
I think I will get another stihl one for the other saw.
A booger but fit. And no drilling.:drinkingcoffee:

I’ve done a dozen or so of those lines for the 044 and it’s like every one of them is my first one. I use hemostats and a dull screwdriver like tool that is designed for replacing o rings in hydraulic components. It’s a good tool for that job but it’s still a bugger.

I put so much downward pressure on the hose from inside the fuel tank that I swear I am going to rip the hose apart. None have broken and none have even deformed.

Anyone know why they still sell the black ones in the USA? I would want the green one every time.

Latest posts

Back