• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 044 or equivalent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charbuggie

Reaction score
I have an older 044 that I have used for the last 10 years and it has been a beast. I only use a 20" bar for my safety. This saw was hot rodded and who ever did the carb work was a master. This saw will start within 3 pulls every time and has never died when idling. I never new a carb could run so well. I have a farm now and need a second saw when I have failures. It sucks being in the middle of something and have to stop to go get parts. I would like to find another 044 that has been serviced and runs well and then send this saw to someone to do some minor repair.

I have a 044 for sale. The paint isn't the best but its original and still runs like a charm. Oem cylinder with around 155 lbs, if memory serves me right. Just rebuilt the oem carb with oem gaskets/diaphram, new clutch drum bearing, 7t rim sprocket, new fuel line and aftermarket fuel/oil caps. I can text or email pics if interested.

Latest posts

Back