Stihl 064 av coil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MG porting

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Yea I know the most asked questions about the coils on the stihl 064 av is a head scratching experience so I've got a question about the coil that is on mine it works just fine but I would like to know if it is a rev limited coil or not. It's a Bosch 2 204 222 108 what do I have? And thanks for the responses in advance love this site and the people that are here. :happy:

If it's a bosch the number should be 1122 400 1300 and it's unlimited. That's the one with the strange mounting pattern and 1122 400 1201 flywheel.
Well that's what I would have thought but it's not a 1122 400 1300 unless for some reason they stamped a different number on it for some reason. Lol.

Well that's what I would have thought but it's not a 1122 400 1300 unless for some reason they stamped a different number on it for some reason. Lol.

Does your case have 3 mounting bosses for the coil?

I have a 064 w/bosch coil, I'll check to see what other numbers are on it. It's the middle mount that is different w/bosch coil. Some 064s had 4 coil mounts.........

Does your case have 3 mounting bosses for the coil?

I have a 064 w/bosch coil, I'll check to see what other numbers are on it. It's the middle mount that is different w/bosch coil. Some 064s had 4 coil mounts.........
Mine has three like the 660 I'll take mine apart in a few and take some pictures for you. That should help out a little bit not sure why I didn't take pictures of it yesterday when it was apart. Lol

I just looked at my 064 coil. It is marked bosch and has the same numbers in your original post, but not the stihl P/N I mentioned. I had to refresh my memory on this.

I was confused when I got this project saw, as it had the 3 mounting bosses but a coil that only used the top and middle mounts. There was some damage to the pickup on the coil where it had rubbed the flywheel. I wanted to determine what coil/flywheel setup I had in case I needed a coil.

All the posts here mentioned the bosch "dogleg coil" for early 064. Well they made the bosch coil with only 2 mounts also. This saw has the 1201 flywheel that matches the coil. The middle boss on the case does not match up with most other stihl coils.

If you need to replace the coil others have made adapters for the middle boss, or have used the "dogleg" 046 coil.

I just looked at my 064 coil. It is marked bosch and has the same numbers in your original post, but not the stihl P/N I mentioned. I had to refresh my memory on this.

I was confused when I got this project saw, as it had the 3 mounting bosses but a coil that only used the top and middle mounts. There was some damage to the pickup on the coil where it had rubbed the flywheel. I wanted to determine what coil/flywheel setup I had in case I needed a coil.

All the posts here mentioned the bosch "dogleg coil" for early 064. Well they made the bosch coil with only 2 mounts also. This saw has the 1201 flywheel that matches the coil. The middle boss on the case does not match up with most other stihl coils.

If you need to replace the coil others have made adapters for the middle boss, or have used the "dogleg" 046 coil.
So is this a unlimited coil or should I go with the 046 coil mine works fine but would like to have a spare one in the box. Lol

That is the exact same coil and case as mine. It's unlimited bosch. I think you'll find a 1201 flywheel on it.

If you have to replace the coil keep in mind what I posted above. 3 options: Another used bosch coil (NLA from stihl), the 046 dogleg coil, and making an adapter to use the newer unlimited coils.

There are posts with pictures showing adapters people have made.

There may be other fixes I'm not aware of?

That is the exact same coil and case as mine. It's unlimited bosch. I think you'll find a 1201 flywheel on it.

If you have to replace the coil keep in mind what I posted above. 3 options: Another used bosch coil (NLA from stihl), the 046 dogleg coil, and making an adapter to use the newer unlimited coils.

There are posts with pictures showing adapters people have made.

There may be other fixes I'm not aware of?
OK sounds good thank you very much for the reply and help I really appreciate it. Now I am putting her back together. :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back