Stihl 064 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was just given a Stihl 064 AV for free because it didnt run. I took to the trusty mechanic he got it to start with a ne plug, filter, fuel and some new oil. He said it would only run WOT and not idle so he took it apart and put 4 new screws in the cylinder as one was missing and one was loose. Now all I need is a 24" bar and chain, a Brake handle, the plastic cover that goes over the brake and it needs a good cleaning.

I think Ill give the guy some money for it 100-150.

What does the AV mean?

OK I talked to the guy today. he wouldnt take my hundred he only wanted 25!!! But I gave him fifty all folded up like 25...he triued to give it back. He is also giving 4-7 parts saws all stihl...some just need bars and tune up others oil pumps carbs etc etc for FREE!!!!!!!!!!

A man could get used to this.

I'll see what I have and what we can work out! the local dealer told em if I bring them all in and give him a couple he'll rebuild all of the ones I want for free!!!

We have 2 064 AVs sitting underneath our work bench. One needed a chainbrake spring and the other needed some mounts. They were getting old so we parked them and bought a 046 and a 2 066. I wanted another 046 but they were expensive so I bought a 390. Well, I wasn't too happy with the power compared to a 046 (what was I thinking?!?!). So I am going to get that 390 as a backup saw or for the person who has to cut off stumps and get new mounts for the one o64 and use it. I fired it up the other day and she roared! WOW! I can't wait! The saws are both about 10 years old and have been used for a long time until about 4 years ago.

-Matt

Back