Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen all three! The multi peice I believe will give the best chance to not have a fuel line failure. I do not like how the rubber lines have to twist and bend through the carb box on some saws. When I inspected the line on my MS310 after the piston got toasted you should have seen the areas where it had a strong bend! Wish I would have taken a picture of that.
ok, that makes sense then, i'll put it back as it came from the factory.

i don't see a chance to replace one piece with three piece though..........i have two goin on here.

Hey dan...Stopped by harbor freight today to check on this bearing driver set mastermind was talking about but came home with this instead. Just pressed some bearings in on an 036 case...no heating, no beating, no burning myself, just a few cranks and she's home!! Any progress on yours?? I'm droolin over here waitin to see yours get finished up
image.jpg

Ok everything is set in place and ready for tomorrow!
eby5a6y9.jpg

Oil pump is gutted and back in place!
adeta4e3.jpg

Did you get your parts from Walter's?
How do I get hold of them? Are they a dealer that stocks old parts?

This is one informative thread. I think I'd like to try rehabbing an 036 with a shot crank, and, well, seems like the older saws are being obsoleted.

Thanks for this thread.

I forget the website off hand, you can google walters obsolete parts and it should come up

Back