Stihl 084 av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea they were 4lbs lighter! Good luck with getting both running and operating. I plan on making some vids of me milling when its back together. I hope to see vids of yours running soon aswell. Oh and does this mean we can join the 100cc + club?

bloody oath fix it up!!.. can still get new clutch covers and if you look around will find an ignition coil.. with regards to that, check to make sure its not the lead or boot or anything else. can test coils with a multi meter but i dont know how to do that.

Fabulous! I came really close to joining the 100cc + club last month when I installed a BBK in an older 066 that had burned out. That saw now runs like a bat out of h__l. I offered the owner $500 for the upgraded saw and he said, "No way. I'm keepin' this baby."

Should I take my dog spikes off for milling?
I doubt that they add anything but weight when using that milling attachment. However, sometimes those spikes are a little tough to remove. Threads get messed up. The 088 and MS880 both use M6 bolts and lock nuts to hold them on; the 084 uses M5. One thing for sure, loggers love the double bumper spikes on these big saws. I've straightened a lot of them because they have a habit of getting bent. It gives my ball peen hammer a nice workout.

Latest posts

Back