• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy stihl 084 hd setup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate66n1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm looking to put the hd filter setup on my newly acquired 084 that has the flocked style filter setup on it. If anyone has a setup like that or even just the hd backing plate that would be great. Thanks for looking, Nate

Dang, I was afraid of this. Sucks the saws on fleabay right now all have the hd setup

Good luck extreamly expensive not rare just ahrd to find like anything else for 084 some thing still avialable slug and jug 350-450 from the stealership only option for OEM quailty just expensive to play that all

Good luck extreamly expensive not rare just ahrd to find like anything else for 084 some thing still avialable slug and jug 350-450 from the stealership only option for OEM quailty just expensive to play that all
I guess I'm not lookin in the right areas then because I'm not having much luck finding things. Like the saying goes you gotta pay to play.

Ok, I have one complete setup with new (genuine) filter and spare wrap but i am in Aus ? so is it worthwhile posting the thing or not ?

Yikes that's quite the haul, I don't even know what shipping would cost. Would you have any idea on the shipping?

If anyone's interested I should be able to get genuine OEM 084 piston/cylinder kits for $250 shipped. PM me if interested.

Stihl part number 1124 020 1203

I wouldn't have a clue Nate, i have never shipped anything there but in saying that, the package would be small and light and i am sure our postage system is a lot cheaper than yours for whatever reason, i will make a couple of enquiries over the next day or so and get back to you. Does your carb have a compensator or not ?

Not really looking for a carb, how much were you thinking price wise and do you have any pics?

The only problem is, the backing plate for the hd setup has a slot for the compensator so without the carb you would have a direct feed into the saw without filtration unless you blocked it off somehow. I guess i could do the carb, backing plate, filter and filter cover for like 100 bucks ? I can take you some pics on saturday if you like.

Here ya go Nate... This is pretty much what you need i think. Correct me if i am on the wrong track.

Attachments

• IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back