• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy stihl 084 hd setup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wally I think I'm gonna pass, I think that's a 088 setup. I greatly appreciate your time and offer though.

Ok, Nate,, that's fine mate, but that is actually what you use, to convert your saw, its exactly the same stuff, i have done many of them, good luck anyway.

I understand you can use that to convert to the hd setup but the oiler override button wouldnt be able to be used that the 084 has on it. I know its gonna be tough to find the base plate that came on the oem hd style saws but i'll keep my eyes peeled

I just got the max flow for my 088. I haven't got it installed yet to give a real review. Did use one when I had Glen's saw here.

From what I can gather it doesn't seem like a big difference from a maxflo to a hd2 except for time between cleaning

From what I can gather it doesn't seem like a big difference from a maxflo to a hd2 except for time between cleaning

That's my biggest reason to get it. I want to be able to go a few cuts without cleaning it. I usually run without the filter cover and it keeps them cleaner longer.

Gotcha, eventually I'll run across a oem base. For now the flocked filter is working fine so I can't complain

Seems like someone could make backing plates for these. Then use the max flow setup on it.

Latest posts

Back