• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar1rules

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 084 for sale that I bought from a AS member for a friend of mine and he never paid me for it, so I did some work to the saw and I'm now trying to sell it to recoupe my funds. Here's what I did to it....mild woods port, muffler mod, repainted recoil cover, repainted clutch cover, cleaned all sawdust/grim off the saw, and re-tapped 1 of the muffler mounting bolt holes to m6 X 1.0. Here's what the previous owner did to the saw....pulled the base gasket, cut the squish band to yield around .025' squish, blue loctited the decomp release, and installed a new OEM piston/rings to freshen it up. Saw has 155 lbs of compression and that will continue to go up as the new rings break in. There isn't more than 1 tank of fuel ran through the saw since the new rings etc. Saw starts right up, oils as it should, and the chain break works. The manual oiler button doesn't work, as the cable is bad and the saw does have its fair share of scuffs, scrapes, etc. Asking $900 + shipping.

I can't get my pics to post on this site, but I can text or email them to anyone interested.

Back