Stihl 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tg_weaver

tg_weaver

ArboristSite Member
So I have to oppertunity to buy an 084 stihl for 750 bucks. Has a 36 inch bar. Comes with about 30 extra chains 15 new 15 used. Is there parts available for this saw? Is that a good price? Wanna use it for a slabbing saw. And the occasional firewood saw so my brother in law will look silky with his echo. [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
So I have to oppertunity to buy an 084 stihl for 750 bucks. Has a 36 inch bar. Comes with about 30 extra chains 15 new 15 used. Is there parts available for this saw? Is that a good price? Wanna use it for a slabbing saw. And the occasional firewood saw so my brother in law will look silky with his echo. [emoji23]

In my opinion the last reason alone is worth the price. [emoji23]

With that many chains and if it's in good condition it's a decent price. Condition is just about everything though.

tg_weaver

tg_weaver

ArboristSite Member
In my opinion the last reason alone is worth the price. [emoji23]

With that many chains and if it's in good condition it's a decent price. Condition is just about everything though.

Yeah I got a 066 red light off the guy for 650 came with as many chains and a bunch of bars....but I kinda wanna slab...in all my free time haha

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah I got a 066 red light off the guy for 650 came with as many chains and a bunch of bars....but I kinda wanna slab...in all my free time haha

Dang that's some good extras. Helps the price out a lot. And those red lights are hard to find

Islandsaw

Islandsaw

ArboristSite Lurker
Very fun saw to run, if you have the cash i think you should buy it. does it have an original muffler on it? check piston and cylinder best you can. Mine needed a new piston and ended up about 180cad

Latest posts