• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 090G / Contra Lightning G, Bar cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would post this same information on other chainsaw threads. There are at least three others but can't directly post them b/c AS is a pita about sharing direct links to competitor sites.

As others have said the price is a determining factor. I have a need for 2 and I can always assure you an additional 2-3 after I make a phone call. That would be 5 right there. The quality looks outstanding to me. I wonder if you could cast the tube muffler I have for the Contra G/090G ? It would be a lot less material

Hello Scallywag....Have you got these for sale yet. You offered this sprocket cover to me and also a exhaust for my contra g many months ago and then stopped answering my emails....Are they available for sale yet....Or even better does anyone out there have any original contra g parts for sale.....Cheers Rob

Hello Scallywag....Have you got these for sale yet. You offered this sprocket cover to me and also a exhaust for my contra g many months ago and then stopped answering my emails....Are they available for sale yet....Or even better does anyone out there have any original contra g parts for sale.....Cheers Rob

Stopped answering your emails??....Did you send me emails after November 8th 2014?..

Yes asking you for pricing several times....Email sent to your hotmail address. Phil...Heres the list below

1 x sprocket cover

1 x exhaust

1 x fan shroud

1 x lower front handle mount

1 x correct full wrap handle when you have made them.

I have NO emails from you after the 8th November!.. Seeing that you have chosen to put my full name into an open forum please feel free to load the contents of said emails!
If you bothered to read my post # 10 in this thread of November 11th you will read I said the process needs refining!! ie. I wasn't happy with the weight of the first cover when it came out of the mould. modifications have had to be made to the core sample to make the copies lighter. These modifications have now been completed.

You have my phone number, why didn't you just call me for an update??

Sorry I dont have your phone number....Anyway I can see where this is going so lets just forget the whole thing and I will source parts somewhere else....

Sorry I dont have your phone number....Anyway I can see where this is going so lets just forget the whole thing and I will source parts somewhere else....

My phone number is in my email to you dated November 2nd 2014!

I wish you every success in finding the parts you need !

I am not going to get into this derail. In any event Phil where does it stand now ? I believe you have a product that you can sell in decent numbers

g bar cover 001.JPG g bar cover 003.JPG Apart from working on the core sample to try and reduce the weight I also found that the shape of the bar mount area was virtually impossible to pour and achieve a satisfactory result. Due to the area having no taper whatsoever, this area has now been built up and greatly oversized and now includes a taper that will allow the copy to be removed from the mould easily. Likewise all other surfaces ie. structural webbing on the back of the cover have again been built up to a minimum of 3 mm with a taper hand sanded onto these surfaces.

The next job will be casting a cradle to accept the cover and present the bar mount area horizontally to the mill, as it would simply take to much time to set up each one for machining, remembering that I'm doing ten at a time.

Wow! That looks amazing, what is your previous experience with this sort of stuff? You're going to powder coat them yourself or send them out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back