• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 090G / Contra Lightning G, Bar cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone knows where I can buy 20 of these guide plates new, at a reasonable price, please let me know. Stihl part # 1107 664 100. This particular plate was fitted to Stihl 07, 08 / 08s, 090G and Contra / lightning G. On the none gear drive saws it acts as the inner plate.
1107 664 1000.jpg

I would also be interested in buying a 100 of these Notched pins. Stihl part # 9441 065 1910.
Notched pin.jpg

The pins are called "Kerbnagel" in Germany (DIN 1476). They are still readily available on ebay.de, so if you have trouble finding them closer by I could probably help with those.

The guide plate might be tricky in those quantities. I can see only a handful of originals, the rest are after-market. For example:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Kettenleitbl...55?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item1c49cc4f1f

Reasonably priced but looks to be slightly different from the one you showed. The link does mention a part# that matches the 090G IPL.

Sorry, did not know that. Try to mail then, maybe they will. They offer good service. I have used them many times.

Sorry, did not know that. Try to mail then, maybe they will. They offer good service. I have used them many times.

I have asked L&S Engineering Suppliers numerous times over the last 5 years if they could supply me parts.
They have a great inventory of Stihl parts including many NOS parts for older models but they unfortunately, absolutely refuse to ship to Australia.

In fact they wouldn't accept a payment from Australia and ship to a friend in the UK!....Figure that?

I've had questions, as to the final finish on these covers, re: paint, powder coat... As the shade of grey on the Contra Lightning saw can vary greatly and the light grey on the 090G can be almost white, I've decided to leave the covers raw.

View attachment 378441 As these bar covers are becoming extremely hard to find I have decided to make some copies.
I have been working on this for a few months and now have a repaired and modified original (see pic) that will be used to cast subsequent covers from.
Subject to quality of the initial casting I might offer these for sale.
Is anyone interested?

I'm interested in one. I have an 090g with a missing sprocket cover. Do you have any for sale? If so, how much

I have asked L&S Engineering Suppliers numerous times over the last 5 years if they could supply me parts.
They have a great inventory of Stihl parts including many NOS parts for older models but they unfortunately, absolutely refuse to ship to Australia.

In fact they wouldn't accept a payment from Australia and ship to a friend in the UK!....Figure that?
what about paying yr friend to get them.. i got a mate over there that would help out if needed.

also seem to get better hits with 1108 664 1000

So are these covers for gear drive models? I am new to the Contra building club and have just got a Contra up and running. Mine is missing a few parts like air shroud, red top cover, and air filter (its got the round housing but no filter itself). But I rebuild the Tilly and have her running like a top. I just don't know how to approach this rebuild/restore I kinda don't want to put brand new china parts all over it and are not sure whether to paint it or what. Mine is in the 177000's of production so its pretty early I think. Good to know Scallywag is into Contas and casts his own parts:bowdown:. I would love some advice from someone who really knows these saws. One question, my contra is all original and does not have the tank vent near the fuel filler cap that sticks up vertically like I've seen in pics of contra's, would anyone know where my tank vent is? I cannot find and my tank is building up vaccumm pressure causing it to bog down and not get enough fuel.:(

Back