Stihl 201T...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lend me your credit card...... cause mine is maxed out

STIHL - MS 201 T

Pictures or it did not happen, I suppose can go and annoy the local dealer and take a picture.

I like the way the bar cover clicks onto the saw and it has a eye in the end of it so it can be tied off so you don't drop it all the way to the ground. but I suspect most tree monkey's will still climb without the bar cover.

I do like that it clicks onto the saw, such a simple idea.

Exhaust exit through the cover is bigger and further back.

if you want to see side by side pic's look at the Australian site and the US of A site.

as far as I know, I could go out and buy one off a shelf today here in the UK...

(if I had my climbing certificate that is!)

Thanks for the replies guys and thanks a lot to a dealer who PM'd me as well. Greatly appreciated :) Glad to hear they're available in some spots and not far away in others.

Thanks Sawtroll. Unfortunately "parts of Europe" means about USD$2000 landed to Australia :(
I'll get really excited when I hear "parts of the US".

I know you really was asking about availiability in the US - I can't answer that, but the 200T still is on the website, and no 201T is there.......

Why do you want a saw that small? :confused:

It's for race that has a small class. 0 - 34cc class. The next class starts at 35cc. So I could get away with a saw that is under 35cc.
The other thing is that I need a Non-strato saw, clamshells are out too! Some thing that could modified.

Back to the MS201T subject, just got some of the new Stihl 3/8lp chisel chain today. It's 63 PS3 55, looks really nice. The perfect chain for the 201t climbing saw.

They're here

My local Stihl dealer went to school on them last week. Says they are very similar to the MS200T in performance, just more torque. Still a pain to work on however.

He has two demonstrator units due in next week. Those will be going out to a couple of the big tree service accounts for test. I'm supposed to get one of them for test, or at least the remnants of one when they turn them back in.

Hope to give a report in a few weeks.

Take Care

they are here in stock in indiana and mich, have had them for a while now. we have sold several with no reported issues yet.

dealer net starts @ 469.95, and list starts @ 579.95. i would like to trade someone overseas, one of these new for a new ms241

Back