Stihl 201T...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
Ha there Matt
I didnt know that you were so into shooting,i use a .243 with Nosler 70 grain ballistic tip for roo shooting and find they work very well.I have two twins but one is a .243 and the other .270 WSM Win Mod 70 s actoins,Wilddog kevlar stocks,maddco barrels and Leupold 4.5 to 14 x 50 scopes.
This is one of your SA reds.

Yeah mate thats all I used to do for about 20 years was shoot. Competition Sporting Clays, handguns, roo shooting under permit along the SA/VIC border etc etc.
Good old SA Reds :) I've dropped a heap of them down on the in law's farm in the upper south east (plus a few Fallow). Not hunting though but pure culling. Tick infested fence wrecking bastards. I dropped 5 with the .25/06 one day in a lucerne paddock and I didn't even have to move. The one in the photo is the biggest I've knocked over but funnily enough was out shooting roos and he sort of made a surprise appearance out of the scrub. Smacked him in the back of the head with a 55gn Ballistic Tip out of my .22/250 40° Ackley as I didn't have time to reach for the .25/06 in the ute. Not the ideal or recommended deer calibre but he was dead as a doornail. His rack is still hanging in a mallee tree about 4 years later. I run mainly Kreiger barrels now. Ran a few Sprinter barrels (made in SA) for a while but despite being very accurate they weren't finished well and were mongrels to clean. Although Kreigers are top notch the best barrel I've ever used (or cleaned) is the stock one on my Tikka T3 Stainless Varmint in .25/06 - that's like a mirror. Maddco are excellent barrels - my brother runs two (light and heavy) on his 6mm PPC benchrest rifle.

DSC_0009.jpg

Stihlman441

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nice one champ
The red was a bit loke yours hunting dog meat early one morning in the pines and there he was,a 68 grain Barnes Granade from the .243 in the scon put his lights out.I dont normaly hunt for heads,pick out the young fellow down the Otways for a feed,from know on as the firewoods about finished for the year.

sgrizz

sgrizz

ArboristSite Guru
I also bought a 200t 2 weeks ago before they were all gone. I dont climb trees but i was able to use it after the hurricane came thru and i was blown away on how much more power it has over my 192t. The 192t will be leaving the stable here soon. :msp_rolleyes:

stihl86

stihl86

Addicted to ArboristSite
First new 201T I have seen on Ebay just sold for $686 shipped. Here I was thinking of sneaking under the radar and stealing it for $500. I'm looking forward to a good review and comparison against the 200T.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Why would anyone pay almost $100.00 over list, and no warranty to boot. I just set-up 4 MS201T's for a FEMA order. Nice, but everything is new. Side cover is stiffer and it has a captured bar nut. (which is a new size, so you need another wrench). I'm sure evryone will forget the MS200T before long. Just like the 020.

opinion

opinion

ArboristSite Guru
Why would anyone pay almost $100.00 over list, and no warranty to boot. I just set-up 4 MS201T's for a FEMA order. Nice, but everything is new. Side cover is stiffer and it has a captured bar nut. (which is a new size, so you need another wrench). I'm sure evryone will forget the MS200T before long. Just like the 020.

Same wrench just reverse the socket.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
I also bought a 200t 2 weeks ago before they were all gone. I dont climb trees but i was able to use it after the hurricane came thru and i was blown away on how much more power it has over my 192t. The 192t will be leaving the stable here soon. :msp_rolleyes:

Yeah mate I had a 192T as well and gave it to my brother. Absolutely no comparison to a 200T but nice and nimble little saw in it's own right. And half the price in Australia :)

I'm sure evryone will forget the MS200T before long. Just like the 020.

They probably said that about the 044 as well :) I'm sure the 201T will do well (I'll know soon) but the legend of the 200T won't be dying anytime soon I don't think.

ALL commercial saws are made in Germany except the MS 261 and MS 362 in the USA market.

Thanks mate. Good to know :cheers:

Latest posts