Stihl 23RSC80E - Require angles for new Oregon 511ax grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krasz

Reaction score
Hi all!

This is my first post and I must say I have learned tons already from reading around the site.

I just bought a new Oregon 511ax bench grinder and have been trying to find the right information to sharpen my chains for my Stihl MS290 before I go and wreck my perfectly good but dull chains. The chains I have are Model number 23RSC80E; Rapid Super Comfort 0.325, .050, 80DL as far as my research tells me.

On top of that, the angles that I have found that seem like they may work are a 60 degree head tilt angle and a 30 degree vise angle; as for the vise tilt angle I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and I look forward to your replies!

so the 30 is the vise rotate angle, the 60 is the head tilt and the 10 is vice tilt angle just to clarify the 30/60/10?

Thank you very much!

I must say you guys have an excellent site and are a wealth of knowledge.
I am going to be addicted to this site and in no time I promise you that!
Now I just have to go brave the snow to try out my new grinder heh

Thanks again!

:chainsawguy:

filing angles...Stihl chains

My dealer (and I've read this numerous places), recommends 60-30-0 for Stihl chains...I can't find any difference on the + or - 10º tilt. You have to find what seems to cut best for you though...Try both ways and see if there's a difference for ya.

Latest posts

Back