• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 241cm or 261cm,ported.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've been using my 241(non-ported,but MM) almost constantly thinning out coppices lately,and am in the market for a new,or near new 241 or 261 to spread the workload.
It would be fun to own a ported one,if anyone has one,but stock is also ok.

well,I've got two of them,but i like the light weight and the speed of cut (using PS chain) of the 241.

There was a thread on here not too long ago comparing ported 241/261 (new edition) saws. It showed that despite starting with a near 30% power advantage in stock form, the ported 261 not only cost more but didn't seem to cut cookies any faster than the ported 241.

So, I chose a ported 261:).

There was a thread on here not too long ago comparing ported 241/261 (new edition) saws. It showed that despite starting with a near 30% power advantage in stock form, the ported 261 not only cost more but didn't seem to cut cookies any faster than the ported 241.

I'm pretty good with story problems, but something seems to be lost in translation KB.
Let me get this straight, you bought the saw that weighs more, cost more, and cuts the same :laugh:.

Im not very smart but im kinda confused here.

You chose the heavier more expensive saw that didnt cut any faster than the cheaper and lighter one ?

Help me out on this one buddy ?

Latest posts

Back