Stihl 250 New owner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1GTA

Just got my New Stihl 250 yesterday. Cut a little today. Love it.
I'm interested in fellow 250 owners who could answer some questions or offer comments about the 250.
Thanks
GT

treeclimber165

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
I have an old 025 I bought used from a pawn shop about 10 years ago. It never had great compression but ran well anyway. I slapped a set of rings and piston in it last year and it runs real strong after muffler mods. The 025 really responds well to muffler work and holds up well. Just use a drill to double the size of all the holes in the internal baffle, and then enlarge the opening where the screen is mounted.
Excellent value for farm or even commercial use.

sonny

sonny

ArboristSite Guru
great saw only bad thing on them is the oil pump worm gear. & keep an eye on the clutch springs. They come apart as all springs will , but on that saw it will tear up the housing Then your &^%$#*.

Grateful11

Grateful11

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
I have no complaints about mine yet. Except maybe the new style caps, I'm not bashing them just not crazy about them. I got an 18" bar just so I wouldn't have to bend over as far when limbing. I have no intention pushing it with an 18" bar. I'm 6'2" and just don't like bending over that much, hurts my back.
Grateful

Latest posts